Thursday, May 04, 2006

And with my heart as heavy as lead... I pick up my pen again

There's no fool like a sentimental fool (please pardon me on the 'borrowed' and slightly amended adage!).
today i decided to start writing my blog agaian. And when i saw the last time I had posted an entry, i felt a slight pang. Time flies.

It was almost like a quick recap of the last term. In my mind i could see, all too clearly, flashes of my last term at MICA. whatever i wrote about and more importantly, whatver i had felt too lazy to put down that time- it all came back.

The all-girls Diu trip, the crazy supposed-to-be-all-night parties-that-ended-at-four, any stray song - it seems much too easy to get me thinking about MICA. I suppose this is what people feel like, after a love is over. You keep wanting to hold on, even though you know in your heart that its over.

What did MICA mean to me?

i wish i knew the answer to that. Though technically one becomes a MICAn the day one joins MICA, for me it happened later. I dont know when i became one. Slowly, but surely.

Apart from good friends, a job et. al., MICA has given me a lot snd I have learnt a lot over there (er.. actually i am not alluding to the classroom learning!!)
But my most important lesson was what I learnt about myself. It was a two year self discovery course. There were good times, there were bad times. But my perception of myself changed greatly and i came to know myself in a way i hadnt for the previous 21 years.

I wish i had a 'pensieve' where i could just transfer every memory of mine and preserve it. Perhaps, writing my blog is an attempt at doing just that.

Perhaps. Perhaps...
Quizazz. Quizazz... (Pronounced in MICA as Kiss Ass!)

Behold the dried ink in my pen,
Behold the hand that writes again.
For the ink flows now and so do I
And writes about the days gone by.

5 Comments:

Blogger A said...

Harry Potter was also so much a part of our time, wasn't it?? As were the Georgette Heyers, M&bs, et al. If I continue, it'll end up being your yearbook entry once again :) We did end up writing almost identical entries for each other, didn't we?? :D:D

Am soooooooooo happy you've started blogging agaiiiinn!!!!!!!!

12:36 PM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

All I can say is... Sigh.

It's all coming back to me. I especially like one part in your blog... will tell you later.

Miss ya babe... come soon.

Deepa

12:56 AM  
Blogger DSK said...

Sniff... waaahhhhh :(

Can't think of anything else to write...

4:43 AM  
Blogger A said...

Come quick, Jo.

2:09 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wonderful ... guess i can connect now that i too have spend a year in one institute away 4m home ... learning things abt myself i never knew of
keep these post coming
this is the first time i read ur post ... and i liked it

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home