Sunday, February 05, 2006

FINALLY!!! this has to be the best example of Newtons first law (or whichever one it was) - inertia - a thing at rest will resist all efforts to make it move. after about a year of knowing about blogging, badgering from my friends to start one, i have finally started my own blog. well... i actually was forced into it by blogger.com which wudnt let me post a comment on my sis's blog. Well...whatver the reason, here i am.

First hurdle, my friends have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to why i chose this name. my efforts at being punny, funny and witty went totally, utterly flat. Let me explain -

1. Davy Jones exists - it is the spirit of the sea- and at a young age i used to really like this movie called the davy jones' locker hence the title

2. my name is Devika and some irritating friends delight in calling me devi which can also be written as davie (are we clearer yet??!)

3. my initials are DJ and my life seems to closely follow the inimitable Bridget Jones (though a Mark Darcy seems to be a far cry right now!!), hence the jones and the D Jones Diary in the blog name

well i thought i had an absolutely super blog name and a sure winner on my hands, but as they say for consumers (in marketing, market research, account planning and god knows what else), people are absolutely fickle and unpredictable

Damn!!! and i graduated in a subject that is based on the assumption that humans are rational!! which makes me wonder if i really wasted 3 years of my life.

He He, anyway, enough for 1 day. will write again!!

Day End Summary

Pounds lost : -20
Boyfriends : 0
Possibility of one : -30

Au Revoir

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

like the ending:)

and it IS newton's first law.. though, knowing u, im sure murphy will come in much more handy in future:D:D

anjali.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

also love it that im the first to comment on your blog:D

anj.

8:58 AM  
Blogger DeepBlueSea said...

:) Welcome to the blogosphere, my neighbor for life (the last 2 years at least). I luved the last bit. I'm inviting you to join me in the battle of the bulge. I couldn't fit into my old pair of jeans at home today ... (sob).

Anj will be your partner in the quest for a fling.

Dee

9:01 AM  
Blogger Anish said...

I like it :-)

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the high seas!

Davie, my lass.. the waves got me, row row with all you might

HMS Sunk!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats hon..... on starting a blog,btw r u disillusioned or smthng...bridget jones...hmmmm.....somehow cant see u as desperate....never!!!

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home